Vital Member Resources** MOST RECENT MEMBER NEWSLETTER **
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND - Refer to our Currently Open page for information on restaurants, shopping and activities.
SUMMER PARKING - From TSVI
William and Steven from TSVI will be managing the summer parking lots 7 days/week starting Friday, May 27. They will be splitting their time between the Main Base Area and Kachina Basin. Please share the following with your staff:
- Beginning Friday, May 27th, we are asking all staff of village businesses and construction workers to park in Armadillo Lot from below the parking guard house and down this summer. Shown as “Staff and Construction Parking” in the attached map.
- The goal is to reserve the Thunderbird Road drop off area shown as “Short Term & Day Visitor” in the map for exactly that use. Providing an easily accessible and guest friendly parking area for summer day visitors to visit the Main Base Area and Chamber Guest Services.
- The Chamber will be staffing the chalet building in the Day Visitor parking area for weekends and then daily starting June 16. The Chamber will also be staffing a pop up tent near the bottom of the Twining Road intersection Friday – Sunday.
- As we get busier, we may position one of our highway signs below the Twining Road intersection to encourage visitors to visit the Main Base Area and Chamber location first. We will also use this sign to inform guests of limited parking availability in Kachina Basin and to carpool when possible.
- Overnight parking for lodges will remain in Bear Lot, where it was this winter.
- When we are out of the Stage 3 Forest Closure we will open RV and Camper parking but until that time there is no camping in the parking lot. When RV and Camper parking open it will remain in Gila Lot, where it was this winter. Overnight RV and Camper parking can be reserved online, for $25 + tax / night. Per our Summer Ops Plan with the Forest Service, there is a 7 day limit for RV and Camper parking.
OTHER TAOS SKI VALLEY NEWS
- STAGE 3 - Fire Restrictions remain in place go to the Village of Taos Ski Valley Fire Department page for the latest information.
SAVE THE DATE - Oktoberfest is BACK Sept.17-18
Celebrate Taos Ski Valley's European heritage with food, fun and fanfare as we close out summer with its most iconic festival and OUR biggest event of the season! Locals and visitors will enjoy events highlighting international cuisine and beverages, live music in the lower and main plazas plus activities at The Bavarian. As we gear up to get this event funded by the State and Lodger's tax grants to support and market the effort, email Nicole to share your ideas into the ring for how your venue would like to participate by April 4th.
We're Here to Support You!
Our local businesses are the smiling faces that can make someone's visit to our Village a memorable vacation in the best ways. When you join the Taos Ski Valley Chamber, you have a small but passionate team that is ready to help your business in any way that we can.
- Our Chamber Ambassadors assist guests with any questions they have.
- Please let us know if your business operating days or times change, so we can keep your business listing current on our posters/flyers and website. It is regularly shared with Members (especially Lodgers) who get lots of questions starting with "what's open"?
- Chamber FREE Service: Is Your Business listed correctly on Google? Did you know that by adding photos on their Google Business listing, those businesses received 42% more requests for directions on Google Maps plus 35% more clicks through to their website(s). The Taos Ski Valley Chamber of Commerce can help you claim, verify, and populate your Google Business profile. . Need help? Email Nicole to set aside some time for assistance.
- Through our Trip Inquiry forms, we field hundreds of lodging, dining, and activity questions throughout the year - and provide guest requests directly to your inbox so that you can book that guest directly. If you or the 'right person' in your organization isn't getting any Trip Inquiries, please let us know so that we can make sure we have the correct email in our system. We want you to GET THAT BOOKING!
- Our Hot Deals page is a perfect place to have your special offers seen! Hot Deal terms are 6 months or 1 year. Want to post your own Hot Deal? Give us a call and let's get it going! (You are welcome to change your Hot Deal(s) within your purchased term.)
- Do you need more hand sanitizer, masks, and bleach wipes for the Winter season? We can deliver, just let us know what you need.
NEXT VILLAGE OF TAOS SKI VALLEY COUNCIL MEETING: 4/26/22 @ 2:00pm
Covid Testing in Taos:
HOLY CROSS COVID TESTING 7 DAYS A WEEK Please spread the word - Holy Cross Hospital is now doing Covid testing 7 days a week. Monday - Friday 6:00am - 6:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 6:00am - 12:00pm. No appointment is needed and testing is free!
NEW! MOBILE TESTING IN TAOS Tuesday & Wednesday
Net Medical & the State of NM have teamed up to provide free rapid antigen and PCR testing in Taos from mobile units. No cost to the public, though insurance will be billed if you have insurance. Tests available on a first come, first served basis. Please pre-register via the links below to hold your spot!
UNM Klauer Campus - UNM-Taos
Tuesdays 9AM to 5PM
1157 County Road 110, Ranchos de Taos, NM 87557
Follow this link to register for Tuesday: https://nmxs.com/ev7
Kit Carson Electric Cooperative
Wednesdays 9AM to 5PM
118 Cruz Alta Rd, Taos, NM 87571
Follow this link to register for Wednesday: https://nmxs.com/ev6