Guided Hikes and Full Moon Hikes
Taos Ski Valley is a hikers paradise. There are many hiking trails to suit all abilities - from moderate 4 mile hikes to the challenge of tackling the 16 mile hike to Wheeler Peak. Guided hikes are available with knowledgeable guides. On a guided hike you will learn about the flora and fauna, herbs, medicinal plants and history of this beautiful area.
The free guided full moon hike is 2 miles each way with moderate exertion. The hike can take a few hours so we recommend the ages of 12 and over. Hikers meet at Hiker Parking at the times below. Please call if you would like any further information (575) 776-1413 and check the calendar for the full moon hike dates.
Dates for Full Moon Hikes Summer 2016:
July 19 7:30pm
Aug 17 7:30pm
Sep 16 7:00pm
Williams Lake Full Moon Hike - Details of the Evening
- 2 miles one way (approx 1Hr each way-aprox 2 hours total)
- 1,000 ft gain in altitude (start at 10,000 ft)
- It is always cold at night in the mountains so please be prepared with layers
- Sneakers will work, hiking boots are better
- Shorts are ok, long pants are better for the colder nights
- Windproof jacket or fleece layer a good idea
- Flash light/headlamp a good idea
Bring water/snacks, camera as needed